Democratic consultant and political commentator Angela Rye let loose about her thoughts on former Rep. Joe Walsh doubling down on his claim that the bar was lowered for Barack Obama because of his Blackness by calling him a “bigot” during a CNN segment this week, reports CNN .
On “CNN Tonight” Monday evening, during a conversation about the standards for President Donald Trump, Rye commented that President Barack Obama “had to be the next best thing to Jesus.”
After watching Rye’s remarks, Walsh used his Twitter account to offer a very different view. “We LOWERED the bar for Obama,” Walsh, now a conservative radio talk show host, tweeted. “He was held to a lower standard cuz he was black.”
It was a position Rye took issue with — as she explained to Baldwin and her viewers. “You all decided to give Joe Walsh a platform today, I’m not giving him the time of day,” she said. “I’m not interested in trying to convince and change the mind of a bigot, someone who will openly troll me and say things that are offensive, that he knows are not true.”
Walsh tried to response to Rye — who also touched on the frustration that Blacks feels when others falsely promote inferiority stereotypes — but the former congressman was unable to issue a rebuttal, reports Raw Story
SOURCE: CNN, Raw Story
Wildin’ Out Wednesday: Too Ratchet And Ignorant For Angela Rye
Donald Trump Is Black America’s ‘What’s Now’ Problem
11 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
10 photos Launch gallery
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.
1 of 10
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
2 of 10
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.
3 of 10
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.
4 of 10
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.
5 of 10
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.
6 of 10
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.
7 of 10
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.
8 of 10
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.
9 of 10
10. He gave us hope…
10 of 10