Governor Martin O’Malley from the state of Maryland officially signed into law a bill that confirms the recognition of same-sex marriages making Maryland one of eight U.S. states to join the ranks.
Formerly an opponent of gay marriage, O’Malley’s decision to sign the hit the news late yesterday evening. The bill is now an official law, but currently stipulates that no marriage licenses may be issued to same-sex couples until 2013.
Read more on the story via the links below.
Share your thoughts with us below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and leave a comment.
- OUR HISTORY MAKERS: VENUS & SERENA WILLIAMS
- Virginia State Lawmakers Pass Ultrasound Abortion Bill
- Richmond’s Home & Garden Show is Coming
- OUR HISTORY MAKERS: QUINCY JONES
- OUR HISTORY MAKERS: THURGOOD MARSHALL